Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My Latest Obsession

I got a lock picking set this past Christmas, after wanting one for several years. I played around with it for awhile, but got a little frustrated at my lack of progress, and so only intermittently would try my luck. But last month Wired ran an article on Marc Tobias, and I resolved to actually learn what I was doing. I started, like you do, with a Google search and found this guide from Locksport International. This was a nice place to start, but it was this document that really helped me understand what I was doing. As a consequence, I've discovered that Master Locks and Kwikset door locks are not nearly as secure as I thought they were. Now I need to find some new locks to practice on. And there's still more theory to learn. There's always more to learn.

No comments: